Friday, February 18, 2011

Fishin' You A Great Day!

I am entering this card into 3 challenges this week!  The first is a sketch challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday, the second is a recipe challenge at Cards For Men, and the third is from Stampin' Royalty where the challenge is to "Mark it Up!".  So here is the sketch I was following:




Here is my take on the sketch.  The image is "Curtis" from Kraftin' Kimmie.  The recipe called for 1 image, 2 designer papers and 3 embellishments.  The paper is from Stampin' Up, and my 3 embellishments are the buttons.  For the "Mark It Up" part I coloured Curtis with some SU markers and MS crayons.  For fun I added the fishing pole I found in my box of assorted stickers and embellisments.  I punched a hole through the sentiment and attached the hook to it.  I used dimensionals to adhere the sentiment.  I think it's a fun card!!


Close up of the fishing rod:


Thanks for looking!!  :)

7 comments:

  1. What a darling boy card. I love your colors and sweet image. Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Freya what a great masculine card, awesome job. I love the colours you've used and that tiny fishing line is just perfect. I love how you have hooked the sentiment,
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and sharing your card.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card, perfect for a guy!!!! That fishing rod is fabulous!!!!! Thanks for joining us at SSW.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darlig card for a boy. Love that cute fisher boy and sweet colors. Arlana@SSW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab guy card! The fishing rod is brilliant. Thanks so much for joining us this week @ SSW :)

    Genevieve DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fishing line - so fun! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card and image! I love those square buttons - a perfect finishing touch. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon-DT

    ReplyDelete