Thursday, May 5, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Here is a Mother's Day card.  I followed the sketch at Clean and Simple Stamping.  I really loved the look of the black and white DT's card, so I did that for my card.  I am also going to enter this card at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge where the theme is "Mum's the Word".   Here is the sketch:


And here is my card.  I used black and white cardstock from Stampin' Up.  The butterflies were stamped with Punch Potourri, then punched out.  I also rolled them with a pencil to give them some dimension.  I stamped a swirl in bottom right corner to give the butterflies something to sit on.  The butterflies are blinged up with rhinestones from the dollar store.  A (crooked) Happy Mother's Day sentiment, and the card is done!  I really like the way this turned out (except for the crooked sentiment!  :-p). 



Side view.  I don't normally decorate the inside of the card, but it was black cardstock and needed something!!  I had a couple of leftover butterflies, so I glued them inside.


Thanks for looking!!  :)

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful, beautiful card.
    luv
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty and elegant. I just made a card with a crooked sentiment too ... darn it! Hate it when that happens. Thanks so much for playing along this week at Stamptacular Sunday.

    Hugs,
    Kristin
    http://lilsweetpeasplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! Beautiful with alle the cute butterflies!
    Thanks for joining Stamptacular this week!
    Hugs, Marianne

    ReplyDelete