Monday, April 9, 2012

Roller Skate Birthday

So I wanted to try something a bit different with this card.  I usually don't stray too far out of my box when it comes to the shape of cards, and I saw this, and wanted to try it!!  This is my first attempt, and I don't know that I completely happy with it, but here you go!! 

To make the boot, I used the stocking die from Stampin Up.  Used my circle punches for the wheels.  The hardest part of this was threading the laces!!  I used a small hole punch, but wished I had had just a bit bigger one.  Oh well, it all worked out in the end!  I dunno.  It's cute!  I'll probably give it to my neice for her birthday.  I am going to enter this card at Cupcake Craft Challenges where the theme is "spring is in the air". 

 

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Great work:) Thanks for joining us this week at Cupcake Crafts and good luck - Jane x

    ReplyDelete